We play traditional Irish songs and music, plus some of the greats from the Pogues and Waterboys back-catalogues. Book us now for: Parties, weddings, St. Patrick’s week, pub gigs or any general celebration!!
The band can vary in size between a trio and a six-piece, depending on what you need, and we usually play around 1hr40mins of music, with a break in the middle. We can also work as a backing-band for Ceilidh - if you are interested in this option then please check with us first, as usually an extra fee would be needed for the caller.
Our repertoire includes some fifty or so songs and tunes (see below), including favourites such as: ‘Dirty Old Town’, ‘Whiskey in the Jar’, ‘Fairytale of New York’, ‘Fisherman's Blues’, ‘Wild Rover’ and many, many more... We can also usually do special requests, if given advance notice.
We supply our own equipment - unless otherwise specified - and additionally we can provide interval background music (this is NOT a substitute for a full-on disco!) to create a complete evening/afternoon of entertainment!!!
Covering a broad area of South-East England (and potentially further - ask us for a quote), we have been receiving rapturous applause everywhere, from: Community Clubs to Function Halls to Pubs to Colleges to Steam Fairs to...
A Few Testimonials:
1) "...Thanks for playing at our wedding reception. I know we thoroughly enjoyed the evening and have received lots of comments from friends and family who thought you were great."
2) "...The music was just what we wanted, and it clearly went down a storm with the guests - we had an excellent night."
3) "...Guys, Thanks for playing our wedding in Bournemouth. It was an amazing set. Everyone has said how good you were and it really made the wedding. It was brilliant. Thanks again!"
4) "...Everyone loved it. The choice of music and dances seemed to be pitched perfectly for the audience and your caller did a superb job."
5) "...Just a quick note to thank you and the rest of the band again for such a fantastic night last Saturday. I'm sure I left you in no doubt how impressed I was anyway, but I wanted to let you know that I've had non-stop calls and emails from our guests saying how brilliant they all thought you were."
6) "...Thank you so much for performing at my 40th. As I selected the group from the Internet lottery without ever seeing them play, I did run the risk of The Muppet Show band turning up, or worse…
a no show. Credit must go to your customer testimonials for my choice and like all the others I am so pleased that I chose The Cracklin’ Griffins. Communications were fluid and organisation was commonsensical; set-up was well orchestrated and the performance was fantastic, with a well segued set, easing guests onto the dance floor. When everyone I have spoken with since the party mentions how great the band was, it confirms that it wasn’t just my 'three sheets to the wind’ disposition that made the night so enjoyable. Thanks again."
Some songs & tunes that we do: The Irish Rover, The Fields of Athenry, Black Velvet Band, The Song with No Name, Sally MacLennane, Smugglers, The Leaving of Liverpool, A Man you don't Meet Every Day, A Pair of Brown Eyes, Bang on the Ear, All for me Grog, Jesse James, Molly Malone, Rare 'ol Mountain Dew, Streams of Whiskey, The Foggy Dew, Raggle-Taggle Gypsy, Rain Street, Greenland Whale Fisheries, The Irish Washerwoman (jig), Paddy Works on the Railway, Follow me up to Carlow, Wild Colonial Boy, If I should Fall from Grace with God, White City, Danny Boy, A Rainy Night in Soho, Foggy Mountain Breakdown, Thousands Are Sailing, Finnegan's Wake, Rocky Road to Dublin, The Blackthorn Stick (jig), South Australia, John Ryan's (polka), Galway Girl, Broad Majestic Shannon, Tell Me Ma, Young Ned of the Hill, Boys from the County Hell, Drowsy Maggie (reel), Ballydesmond Polkas, Liverpool Lou, The Auld Triangle, Seven Drunken Nights...